Wednesday 24 July 2013

Delhi Fashion

Shantanu & Nikhil Bridal Collection 

 
Last night, I went for a fashion show by designers Shantanu & Nikhil who were showcasing their couture bridal collection at the Delhi Fashion Week. I wasn't really looking forward to it too much as bridal collections are to me an assault of bling and overwork making the garments look more like they belong on the wall than on someone's body.















I was pleasantly surprised. The women's collection was a mix of pieces in white, brown, red, pink and yellow with gold prints and designs. The focus seemed to be on the cut and the flow of the garment rather than throwing every glittering stone, bead and sequin one can find, on the cloth. Some of the pieces were really stunning. Totally my kind of clothes, sophisticated and classy and if I were a very (and I emphasize on the very) rich gal getting married this year, this collection would definitely be on my to-hit list. Some of the men's clothes I couldn't understand, though I guess the designer's job is to get really creative!








Indian fashion, especially couture has a long way to go before it can compare with the top designers of the west but if these guys keep going in this direction, focusing on the cut, quality and sophisticated style, they will get far. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment